Divorce Lawyers in Maryland: Property Distribution in Divorce
Property distribution is one of the most important points to consider for divorce mediation. Maryland courts will divide property however if no prior arrangement is made. As a Montgomery County divorce attorney, the Law Offices of Brandon Bernstein is here to provide assistance with property distribution and divorce mediation.
If the Parties to a divorce cannot divide their properties amongst themselves, through arrangement by counsel, or through mediation, the Court will divide the Parties’ property in a fair and equitable manner. When dividing marital property, the Court will take the following factors into consideration:
(1) the contributions, monetary and nonmonetary, of each party to the well-being of the family;
(2) the value of all property interests of each party;
(3) the economic circumstances of each party at the time the award is to be made;
(4) the circumstances that contributed to the estrangement of the parties;
(5) the duration of the marriage;
(6) the age of each party;
(7) the physical and mental condition of each party;
(8) how and when specific marital property or interest in property described in subsection (a)(2) of this section, was acquired, including the effort expended by each party in accumulating the marital property or the interest in property described in subsection (a)(2) of this section, or both;
(9) the contribution by either party of property described in § 8-201(e)(3) of this subtitle to the acquisition of real property held by the parties as tenants by the entirety;
(10) any award of alimony and any award or other provision that the court has made with respect to family use personal property or the family home; and
(11) any other factor that the court considers necessary or appropriate to consider in order to arrive at a fair and equitable monetary award or transfer of an interest in property described in subsection (a)(2) of this section, or both.
If you have been looking for divorce lawyers in Maryland to help you with property distribution and mediation agreements, the Law Offices of Brandon Bernstein is ready to take up your cause. We offer our clients complete commitment and dedication, and we understand how difficult these circumstances may be.
We serve local clients as a Montgomery County divorce attorney, and work with others throughout the state of Maryland for divorce mediation, property distribution and all other co-related issues.